We have just had some work completed on a renovation and extension.
- An instruction to carry out work, whether written or verbal, shall be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions unless the work is the subject of another written contract, the terms of which supersede these.
- Definition and basis of pricing
- a) An estimate is an approximate price, calculated with reasonable care from available information, which may be given as a range or percentage variation. It constitutes an offer to do the work and we will endeavour to keep within the price range. Should there be unforeseeable work involved the estimate will be subject to change. An estimated price will be used where an exact price is not required or is impossible to give due to lack of information.
- b) A quotation is an offer to do the work specified at the price quoted. Once either a quotation or an estimate is accepted by the client it is to be taken as a contract between the company and the client.
- c) Schedule of work. An estimate or quotation will be costed on the schedule of work prepared from information supplied by the client. This schedule is the basis of the contract and clients are advised to check the schedule carefully to ensure that it is what they require.
- a) The price is based on normal working hours, Monday to Friday, unless otherwise stated and travel time will be included in the cost of works.
- b) Prices do not include any charges made by the supply authority unless otherwise stated.
- c) All possible care will be taken in carrying out the work with floorboards and access panels screwed back. It does not include plaster patching or redecoration.
- a) Unless otherwise stated in the estimate or quotation all variations in labour and/ or material costs subsequent to the date of the estimate or quotation may be passed on to the client.
- b) Variations or additional work required shall be detailed by the client as early as possible. Ideally this will enable a price variation to be prepared, considered and accepted if the price is agreed by the customer. .
- c) Instructions for work to proceed, before such acceptance, shall be required in writing and taken to mean acceptance of charges on a time and materials basis.
- d) Should variations be necessary and the client not available, whilst work is carried out in conjunction with other tradesmen, the work will be carried out in the manner we consider to best solve the problems, and this will be chargeable (at a reasonable rate) unless this has been expressly forbidden by the client in writing.
- a) Unless otherwise stated in the estimate or quotation, payment shall be due within 14 days of invoice, which shall be submitted on completion of work.
- b) Should the period of work be extended, monthly invoices for work done and materials supplied or specially ordered and held will be submitted. Payment of these shall be due on receipt of invoice.
- c) Materials supplied shall remain the property of the company until paid in full.
- d) If the Customer should default on payment the Company reserves the right to place the matter in the hands of their debt recovery agents, without prior warning in writing, and shall be entitled to a full reimbursement of any fees or disbursements paid to the debt recovery agent to aid recovery of monies outstanding to the Company.
Time of Completion
- The company shall endeavour to carry out the work in accordance with the dates specified on the estimate or quotation, or if not, dates are specified, within a reasonable period of time. However, the company cannot be held responsible for any losses, damage or increase in cost due to delays beyond the reasonable control of the company.
- We undertake to carry out the work to a standard at least in accordance with such relevant regulations as are in force at the time.
- The completed work will carry a 5-year guarantee against faulty workmanship or installation materials. Electronic devices, luminaries and appliances are excluded from this warrantee but will be covered by the manufacturer’s warrantee, a minimum of one year.
- We shall not be liable for damage from external sources affecting the installation or any form of misuse.
- We shall not be responsible for any losses incurred by the client using equipment before the handover on completion of work.
- The implementation of this guarantee shall only be carried out by the company staff or persons instructed by the company. No responsibility is accepted for repairs or alterations effected by anybody else, however this does not affect your rights under the Consumer Rights Act or any other piece of consumer legislation.
Instructions for Cancellation of a Contract or Service
Where you cannot cancel the contract –
- You cannot cancel this contract where the value of the contract is not more than £42.
- You do not have the right to cancel this contract if we are carrying out emergency works that you have explicitly asked us to carry out immediately and the payment made by you is not more than £170. In relation to any additional work that we carry out, that is not classed as emergency work, you will still have the right to cancel those elements of the work; in accordance with your cancellation rights set out below.
Right to cancel
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days, without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us: Hardie Electrical Ltd, 5 Gordon Road, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB23 8PT - Tel. 01224 600105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g., a letter sent by post or email).
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your wish to cancel the contract before the end of the cancellation period.
Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (where applicable). We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied or, if earlier, 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods or, if no goods were supplied, 14 days after the day on which you inform us of your decision to cancel.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees because of the reimbursement.
- We may withhold reimbursement until we have received any goods good already supplied back.
- You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. This deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
- If you requested to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated to us your cancellation from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
- You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than which is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.