We have just had some work completed on a renovation and extension.
Version: I February 2021
information. At HARDIE ELECTRICAL LTD, we want to make your experience when dealing with us satisfying and
safe. The following sets out our information-gathering and dissemination practices for this website and when dealing
with us through other channels or systems.
We may update this Policy at any time without notice. Updates will be marked with a new edition number and dated
accordingly. You agree to review this Policy regularly and to be bound by the Policy then in force as it appears on our
HARDIE ELECTRICAL LTD is subject to UK and European privacy legislation, which regulates the use of individuals’
personal information. This legislation imposes specific requirements on HARDIE ELECTRICAL LTD. All personal
information supplied by you to us either online via the website, in writing, verbally or electronically will be protected by us in accordance with current applicable privacy legislation and the terms of this Policy.
What Are Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold, subject to overriding legal
everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or
- The right to be forgotten, i.e., the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data
that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e., prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to reuse with another service or business in many cases.
What personal information do we collect?
When you transact with us as a supplier or customer, we need to know basic personal information if you are an
identified person (data subject), this does not normally apply to companies or other legal entities.
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal information in order for you to access the general
information sections of our website. However, if you wish to contact us through the website and/or register your details with us, you will need to provide us with certain personal information.
Information required is for example, your email, name, and various addresses and this (among other things) allows us
to respond to your queries, offer quotations etc. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not
required for the service which you have requested.
How will we use your information?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is
necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data,
or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Examples of how your personal data may be used are
- Providing you with any goods or services that you have requested.
- Requesting you to provide goods or services to HARDIE ELECTRICAL LTD
- Dealing with your requests and/or enquiries.
- Carrying out analysis.
- Improving the quality of our services.
- Maintaining our records for administrative and accounting purposes.
- Tracking deliveries.
- Tracking activity on our website.
- Protecting our website against unauthorised access.
- Assisting with police investigations and/or enquiries.
- Complying with statutory and/or regulatory obligations.
- Sending you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
How long we will retain your personal information?
We will retain all personal information securely for a period of ten years, after which time it will be removed from our
Who do we disclose your information to?
Except as provided below, we will not share your personal information with any third parties:
- If you choose to pay for any goods or services by Debit or Credit card, we will pass your personal
information to the necessary payment service provider e.g., Visa, PayPal. Any such third party may
require further information from you in order to process your payment.
- When assessing your credit limit, we may contact a recognised Credit Reference Agency or trade
- In the event of unpaid and overdue transactions we may contact debt collection agencies, solicitors, or
- We may disclose your personal information to the police or other public-sector bodies with authority to
request such information and/or fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, to prevent, detect or discourage crime and/or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors
to our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your
system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way could be used to
identify you unless you change your browser settings.
Transfer of personal information.
By submitting personal information to HARDIE ELECTRICAL LTD, you agree that HARDIE ELECTRICAL LTD may
legitimately transfer your personal information to third parties (who may be located outside of the European Economic
You also agree that in the event that HARDIE ELECTRICAL LTD were to undergo any form of restructuring, whether
by acquisition, merger or otherwise, we may continue to use and share your personal data across the restructured
Changes and Information
If you have any questions or queries regarding this policy, or should you wish to have your information updated or
corrected, please contact email@example.com. We will use our reasonable endeavours to deal with your
questions or queries and to update or correct your information promptly and within the GDPR rules.
HARDIE ELECTRICAL LTD operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password
protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only
authorised individuals have access to the information provided.
Please note that whilst we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot
guarantee the security of any personal information and/or other data that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent
risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and you will not hold us responsible for any breach
of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
By using our website or transacting with us, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by
Any dispute between you and HARDIE ELECTRICAL LTD in relation to this website, or your use of it, or any content
shall be governed by Scottish law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.